Saturday, November 17, 2007

Bar-b-q and Vintage Things


Older Bar-B-Q place..and wagon....

when in this little town,this is my favourite place to munch ribs. Has one of the most killer sauces in Texas....

Entryway...I love this old stove..the feel is so smooth....when I was younger and lived in the country, I had a stove almost like this... mine also had a warming oven on top...the best stove I ever had..

These two figure have been here I guess for always..they're just as you go in the front door..and has given me and many other customers a start..even tho they've always been in the same spot...

Please ignore the condiments stacked on top of this wonderful old stove. This is the only way I could get a pic..even tho owner was wonderful with his permission to move about and take photos...Thanks Johnny
I like the old cast iron hanging about also...and the carved Indian head...
The bottom part of the old stove...note the two stoneware jugs to the right..and the old linoleum on the floor...The linoleum doesn't go back nearly so far as the stove tho...
Barbed wire display..there are many others and lots and lots of old photographs, however I blurred some in my hurry not to overstay my photo welcome

1 comment:

Alicesg said...

Hi CC

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos. I learnt much about Texas from your blog.Will share your blog with my Singapore friends.