Thursday, December 6, 2007

More of Little Village


See there on the porch..the wringer washing machine?
When I was a little girl, we owned one of these marvels..designed to make the housewives life easier... you ask yourself..how does she remember something so ordinary???? ( I remember a lot of ordinary things...)...however, this one stands out to present day. Simply put...mothers everywhere were quick to warn children.. "Don't put your hand near the wringer part"!!!!!... That should have been enough. ** sighs , Now enter my self and an equally stupid cousin...well, she dared me..and I dared her..then it got to be double dog dare. I lost and as any country girl will tell you, only a hanging or a rattlesnake stands in the way of that...and so I was the first to stick my hand in... I was also the last. You could have heard me screaming 3 counties away..and Texas has some big counties. Our mothers came running from where they had been quilting and I was eventually rescued....
By the way, I never told on you Bitty...you still owe me !!!!!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite of the older houses in the village. They're all wonderful but the one with the walkway is a special one.

A very special house was this.....but for what reason the milk can is placed here escapes me..

I can almost see this houses lady standing in doorway...to catch a little cool breeze

Another little log cabin

No comments: