Wednesday, December 26, 2007

All That's Left


We came across this beautiful old clock in our wanderings and upon further investigation...... discovered it to be all that's left of a historic building.... Of the old 1913 Denison High School to be exact. The building was on the Texas 2007 Most Endangered List...and rightly so.
It appears there was quite a battle to save this wonderfulhttp://mygardenfence.blogspot. old building... however, this fight was lost and the building demolished, torn down..destroyed and annilated. This clock being all thats left.
I don't live in this little town, and don't understand why it's impacted on me..except for the fact that I'm a genealogy nut..and love all things vintage. Well, almost all things vintage. It's just a mystery to me that in a town rich with history..this school building had to go...I am so sad for the building...and the clock sitting all alone...., while it awaits what befalls it next......

1 comment:

alicesg said...

That is a nice beautiful clock. I like vintage buildings too. :)