Thursday, January 10, 2008

Older Coins

One of my favorite things to do is to work on my family history..and have been working at it for going on 6 years now ( one great great grandfather has eluded me for all this time, however, I don't give up easy !! )......it's a fascinating, time consuming love, and maybe it's the reason for my love of all things vintage. ....from aprons, to patterns..to the embroidery and quilting.
And to the older coins.....some are 1891 silver coins..and I have some earlier ones put away. I always wonder, how many times these coins have changed hands, who carried them..who they were...

The little silver bars and the coin in the little clear case..were gifts from my grandson. He is a beginning collector also..

The rest of the coins to follow, are coins collected while counting and rolling coins taken at my grocery store.
Though rolling coins is a job I hate, it does have it's small rewards..the coins here and a few others, have come through the stores registers within the last 3 months.


Buffalo back to the Indian Head Nickle
1921 Silver coin
1931 Silver coin
Walking Liberty silver coin
1891 silver coin
1901 silver coin
1896 silver coin

1923 silver coin

No comments: