Saturday, January 19, 2008

Before the Bend in Red River


I truly love this grand old river. There are places to sit and get comfortable about and on the rocks, and just be still and think. Some of the most beautiful sunsets are here..
and it's also a favorite place for the fishermen. Some really large fish are taken from this river..
If I'm allowed for a moment to be a proud grandma,
my grandson was fishing near here,with his dad...and caught a 47 pound catfish. I can't describe the smile on his face and in his eyes..when he said.."Come look what I have grandma. I got him in by myself". He was so proud, and there was a bit of proud smile on his dad as well. Both he and his catfish were a bit wet and kinda muddy, but it was a good thing..
This is also the dividing line, if you will...of Texas and Oklahoma. The bottom of photo is Texas..across the river..is Oklahoma..

4 comments:

alicesg said...

Wow interesting. You must be one fun grandma. Can I come to the river too? We can BBQ the fishes caught and I will bring my own curry powder and we can have curry fish....hehehe

CC said...

We shall put g'son to catching fish, son to cooking fish..we sit and drink marguritas..

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Oh, I love your river pics. They are gorgeous!

CC said...

Thanks so much for visiting and your kind comments. I always look forward to visiting your blog,..it's a wonderful one
Cizzie...aka CC